Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Wonder of Normal Things

To listen to the breath of the wind
In every word of your being,
Where you wait for me
Alive to the outsideoftime
In the wonder of normal things:
This is what I want.

To be aware,
Notice the light through my petals
Unfold in the soft rain,
Be awake to the gift of now
Listen again and then hear:
This is what I want.

To slow into my breath
And find you there breathing,
Where the kingdom within
Is my friendship of Trinity
To be always and forever one:
This is what I have.

All of my wants become
A part of your wants,
As all of my time
Becomes a part of your time.

I am a child of the dreams you
scatter through the air
into the hearts of every dreamer,
planted.

Jenneth Graser



10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Thank you for these encouraging, Spirit-filled words. Oh yes: "Be awake to the gift of now"...keep beholding the gifts before our very eyes. Visiting as your FMF neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, blessings! I really enjoyed your beautiful post.

      Delete
  2. "Where the kingdom within / Is my friendship of Trinity" - love this! Are you a Richard Rohr fan with his imagining of the Trinity as a Divine Dance? Beautiful poetry. (#9 at FMF this week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, thank you for stopping by! I really like Richard Rohr! He is a wonderful man with great wisdom. Blessings x

      Delete
  3. To be always and forever one-YES!!
    Thank you so much for stopping by. Your poetry was soothing and the exhale and still that I really needed tonight.
    :)
    Love,
    Tammy
    (#16 this week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! Great to meet you as my FMF neighbour this week! Blessings x

      Delete
  4. 'All of my wants become
    A part of your wants,
    As all of my time
    Becomes a part of your time.'
    This is so beautiful, Jenneth, and resonates with me very much at the moment.
    thanks for sharing!
    Kath
    visiting from #19 at FMF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenneth, your poetry takes me to another place. Thank you for the blessing of your incredible writing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Lisa, I say the same about your anointed healing poetry! 💖

      Delete