Monday, October 10, 2016

Hopeful Seeds

Divine chaos entwines with joy
where feet run up and down the passage
in a riot of fellowship.

We have arrived at today.

Where I am in the already,
and the not yet.

The sea is remarkably different
under the mountains and wind.
A memory of sand grits between my toes
with the irritations of a worried conscience.

I need to ease off on myself
and breathe in the salt travelled air
borne acrosss many oceans thus far
to enter so fully into my lungs.

To remind me of every single thing in my life
I have to be thankful for.

Because today there is a gentle falling
rain as summer broaches the air.
Straight through the humble pine
to the valley below, reeds are soft
in the mist shone sun.

Anxious thoughts dip through
silver-lined clouds and become
seeds to plant of love that wins out
over strange divisions.

Today is a day for planting those
hopeful seeds in the ground.

Today is a day for thanks.

Jenneth Graser

#write31days
Day 11 Prompt - thanks


Painting - Zoe Norman

Listen to "Thank God for Something" - Hawk Nelson




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to not only your poetry, but to the new songs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure Tammy! And thank you for your warm encouragement! Many blessings!

      Delete