Friday, December 16, 2016

Gift of Wonder

In the fledgling of this day
a gift of wonder is waiting.

Where a branch meets the welcoming sky,
leaves break the brightening palette with green.

A bird not yet grown
shows newly adult feathers peeking through
the down in shimmers of emerald and red.

A curtaining of vine shadows lace the walls
and family faces look like strangers wanting to be known.

Every smile is not taken for granted
where laughter is medicine
and we open this precious gift
that costs us nothing.

We come upon it as grace,
while imagination flickers with picture upon picture
of how the world could be.

We find ourselves praying into dark places
with hopes that are longing for more.

Wonder promises us that miracles
are here to stay.

Through every impossible dark,
there is one ray of light to point the way.

So we pick up the fractured pieces
as Spirit somehow makes sense of it all
in the way only Spirit can,

beyond reasoning or understanding
peace combines with wonder
as healing melts through the sun.

Jenneth Graser

Photography Silvia Stödter

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenneth, I think this beautiful poem is my new favourite one of yours! I so love God's poetic gift in you, my friend. It's a wonder to behold. I could sit with this one for hours, but I sense these words whispering most to my soul:

    "Wonder promises us that miracles
    are here to stay.

    Through every impossible dark,
    there is one ray of light to point the way."

    Thank you for your faithful rendering of reality as seen through a lens of grace. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Joy! I am so blessed by your beautiful spirit. Blessings my friend <3

      Delete