Saturday, July 1, 2017

Great Shield

Great Lifter of my Head,
I have been answered from your mountain.

There have been too many questions
without answers.

The load has been heavy to carry
and I don't feel that easy yoke you promised.

It is time to shed the weight of many years.

You enwomb me in the circle of your great shield
of arms, a spilling of glory.

As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore.

I will enter the deliverance
that streams from your holiness.

You have quietened me into sleep that gives rest.
I awaken into grace without fear.

It is in your blessings that I will find refuge.

Amen.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and timely! Shared on my blog - https://ScotsIrishPadre.blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Many blessings. He is the Glory and Lifter of your head xx

      Delete